Field Services – Gas
Hetek provides a variety of inspection services for natural gas distribution infrastructure, mid-stream and upstream pipelines and gathering systems, stationary facility monitoring, land fill gas emission monitoring, situational rapid response detection and other non-pipeline related opportunities.
As Canada’s premier contractor for natural gas distribution pipeline leak inspections, Hetek’s best practices ensure successful completion of projects on time and at the highest level of quality.
Hetek’s system is based on the following principles:
- Certified operators who undergo extensive training, classroom examinations, and field evaluations. All of Hetek’s operators are certified annually according to the Canadian Gas Association’s guidelines.
- An extensive audit program that ensures that operators are continuously monitored in the field.
- Service and calibration of a number of water efficiency instruments and water treatment systems;
- Use of the world’s leading leak survey instrumentation all of which is tested daily, calibrated and serviced by our certified technicians, and monitored through our proprietary Field Work Order System.
- Use of GPS to monitor the progress of our leak surveyors.
Hetek is also the first Canadian leak survey contractor to partner with Trimble to introduce its GasOps® software to the Canadian market. GasOps® automates the leak survey process by using a combination of server based software and handheld computers to monitor leak surveyors while they are in the field, electronically capturing leak survey data utilizing a Bluetooth link to the leak survey instrument. This system eliminates the need for paper maps, streamlines the reporting process, and provides customizable reporting for audit purposes.
For more information about Hetek’s Gas Field Services, please contact: